International Student Cell
Vishnu Dental College (VDC) is an integrated campus spread over 100 acres which houses our seven constituent colleges. Institutional visibility has grown nationally as it is rated by two reputed magazines. Our MOUs with University of Bolton will enable us to attract students from overseas. We have globally acclaimed practices in teaching and learning and are planning to offer a cordial welcome to international students wishing to join under graduation and post graduation courses.
Rules framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admissions of International students to Dental courses (BDS, MDS) offered in our institute to deal with admission and guidance of international students
VISHNU DENTAL COLLEGE made a provision for admission of candidates under General or Foreign / NRI category on fulfilling the eligibility requirements. Foreign / NRI category seats are only available for foreign nationals / candidates with NRI status or those sponsored by relatives with NRI status.
Guidelines for admission of foreign/international students
- Should be an international student (Foreign Students/Non Residents Indians (NRI))
- For foreign students, student visa is mandatory (for NRI not a mandatory option)
- Students have to obtain prior security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs and the approval of Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and this must be on the student visa/research visa endorsed to this institution.
Foreign citizens, Person of Indian Origin (PIO) Card Holders, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and NRI-sponsored candidates (sponsored by NRI parents OR brother / sister of parents* OR brother / sister of the candidate* OR grandparents of the candidate*OR spouse of the candidate*). The sponsor must be a foreign national or hold NRI status
Only those Students who have qualified from foreign universities or Boards of Higher Education recognized as equivalent by the ‘Association of Indian Universities’ (AIU) are eligible for admission
Admission of international students
Admission of all the International students will be done through the ‘International Students Cell (ISC)’ of VDC. Students will generally be admitted in the beginning of course.
Eligible applicants need to certify that the medium of instruction for the qualifying examination passed is English. For applicants who have undertaken their studies in a language other than English need to have a valid IELTS/TOEFL score. Once this is submitted, the final admission is confirmed.
The International students will have to pay the fees in US dollars or equivalent in Indian rupees
Procedure for admissions
- International students should apply for admitting in this institute before the beginning of program
- For this the candidate may contact the Academic Executive office, Administrative wing, Vishnu Dental College (contact us: 91-8816-250893)
- The students shall qualify in the NEET examination for admission into BDS and MDS programs
- Get the ‘Provisional Admission Offer Letter’ from the Academic Executive Office, in order to obtain the VISA (on payment of non refundable advance amount of 30% of the total annual fee).
- Submit the ‘Provisional Admission Offer Letter’ to the Indian Embassy of the respective country for obtaining the ‘Student VISA’.
- Report at VDC for admission. Submit the below mentioned documents (in original along with the attested photo copies) and get them verified by the Office of Academic Executive.
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Mark list of the qualifying examination
- ‘Student VISA’ in Original
- A photo copy of the Passport- duly attested by a Notary.
Note: The original certificates will be returned to the students immediately after making an endorsement to this effect.
- Students are required to undergo the medical fitness examination and get the medical fitness certificate. As per government rules all international students entering India on ‘Student VISA’ have to be tested for HIV and will not be given admission, if found to be positive
- For applicants who have undertaken their studies in a language other than English need to have a valid IELTS/TOEFL Score.
- Admission of International /NRI students will be confirmed after verification of original certificates, medical fitness test and payment of required fees. Even after the admission, at any stage if it is noted that the qualifying Degree/ Certificate is not recognized by AIU, the admission of the candidate may be cancelled
The International students should abide by all the rules of VDC and the code of conduct as applicable to Indian students enrolled in the same courses.
Examination and award of Degrees & Diplomas: The procedure for examination, payment of examination fees, issue of mark list, issue of passing certificates and award of degrees will be same as for the Indian students doing the same courses
Contact address: Academic Executive, Academic office, Sri Vishnu Educational Society , Bhimavaram, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh pin 534202, Contact us: 91-8816-250893, Mobile number : +91 9949433578