The Department was started in the year 2002 and the clinical microbiology in the year 2002 with a focus on BDS and MDS education.
The clinical microbiology laboratory serves as a back bone for undergraduates and postgraduates teaching and dental patient diagnosis and is adjunctive for excellence in patient care and management.
The department plays an active role in infection control activities at the hospital and imparts training program for all staff within and outside the hospital.
The department is having a 150 sq feet HOD room, well equipped lab hall with a diameter of 1500 sq feet, 200sq store room and Smart demonstration room. Microbiology Lab is equipped with autoclave, incubator, hot air oven, biosafety cabinet level 2 and 30 Microscopes.
- Research mentoring for BDS students.
- Teachers –Guardian program for BDS students.
- Guiding and supporting MDS Dissertations.
- Integrated teaching practice in BDS curriculum.
- Aerobic bacteriology.
- Antimicrobial sensitivity testing.