Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited inside and outside the college .
Any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of harassing, teasing, treating or handling with rudeness of any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student. Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Punishable ingredients of Ragging:
- Abetment to ragging;
- Criminal conspiracy to rag;
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging;
- Public nuisance created during ragging;
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging;
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt;
- Wrongful restraint;
- Wrongful confinement;
- Use of criminal force;
- Assault as well as sexual offences or even unnatural offences;
- Criminal trespass;
- Offences against property;
- Criminal intimidation;
- Attempts to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim (s)
- Physical or psychological humiliation
- All other offences following from the definition or “Ragging.”
Awardable Punishments at Institution Level:
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other evaluation Process
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specific period.
- Fine of Rs.25000/- and Rs.1 lakh.
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are no identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.