The institute provides high class infrastructure that caters to the needs of students, faculty and patients to offer the finest patient care and technological resources necessary to support the teaching and research activities.
To highlight a few
- State of the art clinical facilities in all dental specialties with separate undergraduate and post graduate sectors equipped with electronic dental chairs
- ICT enabled air conditioned class rooms (Smart class) and seminar halls
- Centrally air-conditioned auditorium to accommodate more than 1000 pupils
- State of art preclinical labs equipped with patient simulations
- Wi Fi enabled campus
- Dental education museum
- Round the clock medical and pharmacy support
- Cafeteria for students and patients
- Banking and postal services
- Free transport services
- 24/7 high alert security services monitored by CCTVs
- Research microscope( Olympus)
- Soft tissue microtome with embedment station
- Surgical microscope(Carl Zeiss)
- Digital intraoral and extra oral radiography(Satelac)
- Diversified Implant systems
- Pressable ceramics (Dentsply)
- Adora lab composites
The campus houses well ventilated spacious hostels for girls and boys separately. The salient features of hostel include selfcontained toilet cum bath with hot water facility, study table with cabinet to store books, wardrobes and cots, mineral water for drinking and 24 hours high security. It also has a common room with TV facility, indoor games, magazines and newspaper. Laundry and saloon services are available. Air conditioned rooms are availed on request. The hostel mess provides good quality, hygienic well balanced food.
The Institution also emphasizes on physical activities to provide both fitness and mental relaxation
- Facilities for outdoor and indoor games under the guidance of qualified physical trainers
- Health club with modern equipment separately for boys and girls
- Boat Club
- Vishnu FM and Vishnu TV academy – Certificate course in Media acting and Audio-visual communication
Academy of Continuing Education
The Academy of Continuing Education was started in the year 2008 with a mission to provide value based learner-centered continuing education and also to promote multidisciplinary approach to tackle complex dental problems. The Academy offers conferences and workshops on a wide variety of dental related topics aiming towards intellectual growth and to assist students keep abreast with the latest developments in the dental field to carve their own niche in the dental society. National and international eminent personalities in the related field are also invited to share their knowledge.
Vishnu dental college has been providing a full range of quality general and specialty dental services for the public for almost a decade. The hospital has an inflow of 250 to 300 outpatients per day. To meet the wide variety of dental needs, VDC runs distinct undergraduate and specialty clinics, a comprehensive oral health care clinic, a full service evening clinic and an emergency center. The clinical departments of VDC offer high quality dental care at nominal fees. VDC believes in patient satisfaction to the highest degree without violating patient’s rights and ethics in all circumstances.
The institution has dedicated full time academicians who are proficient in teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students with adequate use of ICT facilities. Most of the faculty has expertise in various research activities. Faculty is credited with number of national and international scientific publications. Few staff has dexterity in innovative practices in the field of Implantology and Nanotechnology.