With an initiative by Dr. Girija Sajjan, the Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Vishnu Dental College has organised a two-day Virtual National Symposium on Regenerative Endodontics titled “Rise of the Phoenix – Regen Endo” on 26th -27th Nov 2020. The program started with an inaugural function attended by all the delegates, resource persons, moderators, Principal Dr. Suresh Sajjan, Director Dr. Anand Raju and Shri Vishnu Raju, Chairman, Sri Vishnu Educational Society.
The two days programme was comprised of didactics by world-renowned specialists in Regenerative Endodontics along with active interaction with the delegates.
- “Regenerative Endodontics – My Systematic Reviews” by Dr. Giampiero Rossi-Fedele, Head
of Endodontics, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, Adelaide Dental School, Australia.
- “PRF in Endodontics: Our experience at ENDO-VDC” by Dr. K. Madhu Varma, Professor, Vishnu Dental College, Bhimavaram.
- “Regeneration in Endodontics: Current Trends and Future Perspectives”.Dr. Sai Kalyan Surapaneni, MS, PhD, Director, Research and Development, Prevest Denpro Limited.
- “Clinical implications for Regenerative Endodontics: Identifying Molecular Players using
Contemporary Molecular Biology Techniques” by Dr. Satish Alapati, DDS, PhD, Associate
Professor, UIC College of Dentistry, Chicago.
- “Revascularisation of non-vital immature permanent teeth: A review of treatment protocols
and outcome” by Dr. Ajay Logani, Professor and Head, Department of Conservative Dentistry
and Endodontics, Centre of Dental Education & Research, AIIMS, New Delhi.
To stimulate the talent and to encourage the participation in the symposium, competition on e-poster and a short video on the topic of Regen Endo was conducted. The first and second prize winners were awarded certificates of appreciation and attractive prizes like dental armamentarium.